IELTS Speaking cue cards with answers

 IELTS Speaking cue cards 2021 with answer


Describe your visit to a religious place:

  • Name and location of the place
  • when you visited
  • with whom you visited
  • what you liked there

Sample Answer

  • There are alots of religious places in the world.
  • I have visited many religious and cultural destinations in india.
  • I have also visited religious places other than mine.
  • However,here,i would like to talk about 'The Golden Temple' which is also known as Harmandir Sahib located in Amritsar,Punjab,India.
  • This temple is created in the middle of a lake and the outer walls of the temple are coated with real gold.
  • This is probably the only temple of its kind in the whole world.
  • When i entered the temple corridor,my heart was filled with bliss.
  • I felt as if i was at a special place.
  • From the bridge that connects the main shrine,we can see a clear reflection of the temple in the water of the lake and the entire scene is not only soothing,but also a blessful experience.
  • I then went to the main shrine,where the original Guru Granth Sahib is placed.
  • I sought blessings from the deities of the sikh religion.
  • I must say my visit to 'the Golden Temple' was really memorable and i personally recommend to all to go and visit this place at least once.
Describe a line that you remember from a poem or song
  • what it is
  • what poem or song it is from 
  • how you know about it 
  • how you feel about it
Sample Answer

  • Music makes everything better.
  • I like to listen to music when i am cooking ,cleaning, driving, exercising.
  • It relax me in ways nothing else can
  • I listen to songs from different genres and one song that brings a smile to my face everytime i hear it,is the timeless pop classic"what a wonderful world".
  • It talks about appreciating the beauty of your surroundings and its the line from the title "and i think to myself, its a wonderful world".
  • It was first recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1968 but there have been many more versions of it since then sung by various artists.
  • It was the biggest selling single in UK reached number 1 spot that year.
  • I think the first time i heard it was on YouTube.
  • I was looking for old hits and this song just came up in the suggestions.
  • I was so mesmerized by the lyrics and the singer's soothing voice 
  • They moved me and just made me realize that i need to find happiness in small things.
  • This world may not be perfect but its so wonderful.
  • Now whenever i am stressed, i take a break and go outside.
  • Looking at the beautiful sky,listening to the birds chirping and the nature all around me makes me forget about my worries and brings me so much peace.
  • i also feel grateful for all the people in my life -my family and friends who make this world so much more wonderful for me.

Describe your first day at school.
you can say
  • Where was it? 
  • What happened?
  • Explain how you felt on that day?
Sample Answer

  • I had been to three schools in my life.
  •  I lived in Ambala when I was three years old.
  •  I joined the military school there, but after one year, my family and I moved to my hometown.
  •  I took admission in another school there. 
  • I studied from nursery to eight there and then moved to its second branch, which was a kilometre away from it. 
  •  I don’t have a clear remembrance of my primary schools, so I would like to talk about my secondary school.
  •  My school name is GTB Khalsa Senior Secondary school, Malout. It is affiliated with the Punjab school education board.
  • The building design was eco-friendly and green.
  •  It had three stories only, and my classroom was on the first floor. 
  • It had double-walled construction for heat insulation, high-efficiency air-conditioning systems, solar energy usage, and wastewater recycling and treatment.
  •  All the classrooms across the school were enabled with smart boards. They facilitate the learning of the students. 
  • The interactive board turned a typical classroom into a fun learning environment.
  • I was very nervous on the first day because I heard a lot about the school rules and its strictness.
  •  Except one of all, my classmates were new.
  •  We were entered into the class half an hour before the time, and we felt relaxed when we started to talk with other students.
  • I saw a half school in the morning. 
  • So I decided to see the whole school during the lunch break. 
  • After lunch, I was wandering in the school and saw all the rooms and labs. 
  • It was true that the school’s rules were very strict, but the teachers were very friendly.
  •  I studied from ninth to twelfth there. 


Describe an aquatic animal.
You should say
  • What it looks like?
  • When did you see it?
  • Where you saw it?
  • Explain why it is interesting?
Sample Answer
  •  I am very intrigued to find out about oceanic creatures as they are really exceptional in nature and appearance. For instance, ocean ponies, starfishes, octopuses, etc,.
  •  however here I would like to discuss my untouched top choice, "Dolphin.
  • I saw this creature without precedent for my textbook when I was in third class, and I got dazzled by the noteworthy looks of this fish.
  • Dolphins are generally huge in estimate and can be found in various tones like white, dim and dark.
  •  They have a smooth body line and balances that move like hands. 
  • As of late, while watching a show on the disclosure channel, I became acquainted with that they are the most shrewd living creature.
  • They are exceptionally friendly and frequently found in gatherings. 
  • Indeed, they have built up a language also to speak with others.
  •  The best thing about this creature its capacity to leap out of the water and dance on its tail, this is maybe the motivation behind why they are utilized in media outlet today where they dance, play with balls and make interesting clamors to engage the crowd particularly children.
  • Since, I like dolphin to such an extent, it is my desire to see it with my unaided eyes in any event once.

Describe an art exhibition that you visited.

You should say
  • When did you see this exhibition?
  • Where the exhibition was held?
  • What was on display?
  • Explain your impression of the exhibition.
  • Sample Answer
  • Art exhibitions are regularly coordinated to show the art of celebrated artists.
  • I might want to discuss one such display that was coordinated in my city recently. 
  • This show was held in the assembly hall of my town where I chatted with my friends.
  • There was a little section charge for guests that we paid joyfully, and we got astounded to see various types of art that were in plain view inside. 
  • The absolute first segment was of canvases where there were artworks of all various sizes by the distinctive painters.
  • Few of these compositions were unloaded at this presentation also. 
  • In the following segment, we encountered ceramics art.
  •  Indeed, there was a live workshop where an artist was showing how the pots are made.
  •  We bought not many pots to value his work.
  • Moving forward, we saw numerous different types of art like handiwork, wad cutting, stone cutting, adornments making and numerous others.
  •  I was very intrigued by crafted by artists as I had never understood the endeavors they need to put behind their work. 
  • For instance, one weaver said it takes him 15 days to make only one scarf. 
  • I should say this display not just made me acquainted with different types of art however expanded the estimation of artists in my eyes.
  • I should say, this presentation was very efficient as everybody valued the manner in which it was overseen. 
  • By and large, it was the point at which I went to an art display.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

READING PASSAGE-ANSWERS

Reading practice test with answers